Atty Kris Ablan, lawyer and assistant secretary of Presidential Communications, in his Facebook post argued that if former President Noynoy Aquino was given the credit for the economic growth that took place last month, he should also be blamed for the devaluating peso to dollar rate from 2016 to present.

Lawyer: Blame Aquino for all economic activities until June 2017
Composite photos from Facebookand FFEMagazine
Alban said that Aquino’s economic managers should be fair. He said that while it is true that the Philippines is enjoying the fruits of labor on the policies they set in 2014-2015, (as economic growth rose to 6.8%), they should also know when to take the blame.

When news came out last month that economic growth rose to 6.8%, they said that wasn't Duterte. That was Aquino. Because of the economic policies they set in 2014-2015. We were enjoying the fruits of their labor. Okay.But when news came out that the Peso continued devaluating from 2016 up to the present, they said this was all on Duterte. This is unfair. Because we're talking of the same economic policies and the same covered period,” he said.

“And we will debate on this to no end unless we agree on a cut-off. Can we all agree to set the line at 30 June 2017? --One year after the changing of the guards,” he added.


The lawyer said that any improvement (or otherwise) on the economy occurring between July 2016 to June 2017 should be attributed to the Aquino admin. Anything after that should be blamed on the administration of President Rodrigo Duterte.

He said it takes one year for economic policies to take effect.

SOURCE: Kris Ablan



Love this article? Please like our Facebook page below and Share this article to your friends!

Lawyer: Blame Aquino for all economic activities until June 2017 Lawyer: Blame Aquino for all economic activities until June 2017 Reviewed by FNPH Correspondent on Sunday, March 05, 2017 Rating: 5

No comments:

Share your thoughts here...

Powered by Blogger.